This self-study program was designed to prepare young candidates to pass the FCC Amateur Radio Service Technician license exam. It is a “memory based” program that provides no theory or explanations.
The Technician license exam is comprised of 35 questions selected from a pool of 426 questions contained in ten subelements (T0-T9). Subelements are divided into 35 groups (topics). One exam question is randomly selected from each topic to make up the license exam. You must correctly answer a minimum of 26 questions on the 35-question exam to obtain a Technician license. Questions and associated answer choices will be shuffled on license exams.
If you need help, use the contact form at the link below. Be specific with your request. Include question numbers, figures, and other relevant information.
QUESTION POOL SEARCH & TEST FACILITY
Use the to select specific questions or types of questions and test yourself on them. For example, find all the questions that refer to figures and test yourself on them. The facility provides instructions with examples.
1. This self-study program follows the NCVEC for the Technician (2014 – 2018) license exam. Table-1 shows topics within subelement and the number of exam questions taken from each subelement.
2. Generate a listing of topic questions and correct answers (start with topic T0A). Read over the listing several times.
3. Study the online flashcards (start with topic T1A) using the link below with the correct answers only option until you feel you are ready to check your answers then view the flashcards showing all the answer choices (uncheck the correct answers only option) and hover over your choice to see if it the correct answer. When your are ready to test yourself on a topic proceed to step 4.
If you are using a touch surface device select the touch surface device option and gently tap your choice to see if it is the correct answer.
4. Test yourself on topics using the link below. Continue testing yourself until you are consistently scoring 85 or higher on every test. Repeat steps 1-4 until you complete all the topics in a subelement then proceed to step 5.
If questions are missed on a topic test, a link will be generated at the bottom of the graded display to test yourself on the missed questions. Repeat testing until you correctly answer all the questions.
5. Test yourself with complete subelement tests using the link below until you are consistently scoring 85 or higher. Repeat steps 1–4 until you complete all ten subelements (T0–T9) then proceed to step 6.
If questions are missed on a subelement test, a link will be generated at the bottom of the graded display to test yourself on the missed questions. Repeat testing until you correctly answer all the questions.
6. When you have completed all the subelements, test yourself with sample Technician license exams using the link below until you are scoring 85 or higher on every exam then proceed to step 7.
If questions are missed on a sample exam, a link will be generated at the bottom of the graded display to test yourself on the missed questions. Repeat testing until you correctly answer all the questions.
7. When you’re consistently scoring 85 or higher on every sample exam you take, you’re ready to take the Technician license exam. Use the link below to find an exam session. If you cannot find an exam site near you, contact a local amateur radio club for assistance.
Note: If you don’t already have an FRN (Federal Registration Number), go to the FCC website using the link below and register for one. Be sure to take your FRN with you to the exam so it can be entered on your license application. FRN’s are free.