Now shipping v1.3! We believe this is the best SDR upconverter available. Here is why.
Major version changes:
- Proudly designed, fabricated and assembled in the USA and Canada!
- Input, output and LO filters reconfigured for substantial sensitivity and selectivity improvements
- New ultra low-noise linear power regulator (LP5907), with voltage noise under 10 µVRMS!
- Optional battery-powered operation for DXing on the go! (easy-to-assemble AAA battery holder sold separately, or roll-your-own solution with the easily-accessible battery power input vias)
- New side-mount LED indicators, easily visible with or without an enclosure (Green = upconvert mode enabled; Yellow = USB powered; Red = low voltage)
- Fully-assembled broadband RF noise source built-in (Note: SMA output jack excluded to comply with government regulations, but can be purchased separately)
- u.FL socket (also known as IPX and UMCC) available for optional clock injection from an external clock source, should a higher-accuracy clock be desired
- 5 other u.FL socket mounting footprints for simplified testing, troubleshooting and demonstrational purposes
- Additional mounting holes to facilitate custom installations
- Sturdy right-angle SMA connectors to improve spacing tolerances and ensure physical compatibility with our machined aluminum enclosures (enclosures sold separately)
- Redesigned for a surface-mount oscillator to eliminate potential oscillator-desocketing issues
IMPORTANT NOTE: due to changes implemented in v1.3, enclosures built for previous Ham It Up models are NOT 100% compatible. Specifically, new end-panels are required for full compatibility with older enclosures. Along with v1.3-specific enclosures, we also carry end-panel sets to allow for installation of Ham It Up v1.3 into older enclosures. If you cannot find these in our store, please contact us!
- Female SMA for both input and output for a wide array of connectivity options
- In-line SMA connectors. Much easier to connect and manipulate than side-by-side SMA connectors
- Antenna protection on RF input-in-circuit in both enable and passthrough mode-to protect your Ham It Up & SDR from stray ESD
- All critical components sourced exclusively from North American parts distributors
- Only ultra-low-noise components used in the signal path
- Ultra-high-Q, low ESR inductors and capacitors used for all filters
- Powered by a sturdy & common USB-B USB socket for a multitude of power input options
- RF-suitable power supply regulation (LP5907)
- PTC fuse on USB power input to protect your Ham It Up upconverter from short circuits
- Upconverter enable/passthrough toggle switch-less fiddling with small, delicate cables and connectors
- 125MHz oscillator for improved sensitivity (away from high-traffic RF zones, like broadcast FM)
- Stable 25ppm oscillator included
- LO disabled in passthrough mode
- A maximum input level of +1dBm with LO at +7dBm
- High-quality 2-layer PCB with ENIG finish
- Small, light-weight PCB (just 3.8" x 1.9")
- Designed to fit standard off-the-shelf Hammond enclosures
- 7 mounting holes for standard PC screws
- Designed and manufacturered in conjunction with Opendous Inc., an excellent open-hardware design company
- -schematics, PCB design files, assembly information-is freely available.
- A portion of the proceeds from your purchase will be used to support this and other open-hardware, open-source initiatives
BONUS! We had space left on the PCB, so rather than waste it we have added a noise source circuit at no additional cost! We have even populated most of the components for you. We have the SMA connector required to complete this bonus noise source circuit available for a small additional fee. Details of the noise source circuit are available with the project documentation.