BARC facilitates regular amateur radio license examinations.
Upcoming License Exams
February 6th @ 3:00 PM (One Day Ham Class)
March 5th @ 8 AM
April 16th @ 3:00 PM (One Day Ham Class)
June 2nd @ 7 PM
October 6th @ 7 PM
October 22nd @ 3:00 PM (One Day Ham Class)
December 3rd @ 8 AM
Please check back on this site the week of the exam for any updated information
- Bring $15.00 in EXACT CHANGE or check made out to ARRL VEC.
- Bring ID. Either a US drivers license, passport, or military ID.
- If you are a minor and do not have one of the the above, bring your birth certificate and your schools picture ID card. If you do not have a school picture ID card then bring your birth certificate and your social security card.
- If you wish to upgrade from Technician to General or from General to Extra, you must bring a photocopy of your license that we will keep and send in with your new license request. If you have not received your paper license yet, then bring your CSCE.
- Calculator (optional), calculators may not hold formulas, all calculators are subject to inspection by the volunteer examiners.
- WE DO NOT HAVE ACCESS ACCESS TO A PHOTOCOPIER! Please don’t ask us to make copies.
You will need a FCC issued FRN number instead of your Social Security #. You can register and obtain an FRN online at the FCC ULS website here. Follow the NEW USERS -> REGISTRATION button. If you already have a license issued by the FCC, you can look it up by doing a query for your callsign here.
Please put your FRN number on the 605 form instead of your SS#. If you need help getting your FRN, we will be happy to help you at the exam session.
All license exams will be given on paper.
Technician and General Class licensees wishing to take a test to upgrade, must bring a copy of their current license that we can keep. If you have not received your license in the mail because you just recently passed your exam, then bring your CSCE.